Skip to main content
- Why a Toolkit?
- Wraparound Toolkit 2022 delivers a successful collection of high-fidelity wraparound materials and resources that translates theory into practice. The Toolkit is a set of program tools to assist county and county providers to build high fidelity wraparound programs for children, youth and families to meet California standards.
- How Did the Toolkit Develop?
- Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) has reinvigorated efforts to implement High-Fidelity Wraparound in California, which will fulfill aftercare requirements for youth or non-minor dependents placed in an STRTP after October 1, 2021. The FFPSA is a federal mandate that reforms the federal child welfare financing under Title IV-E of the Social Security Act, to authorize the use of federal Title IV-E funding for specified services to families whose children are at risk of entering foster care and to limit reliance on congregate care for children in foster care.
To assist counties in meeting this requirement, the California Department of Social Services in partnership with the California Wraparound Steering Committee, and Steering Committee Workgroups developed this toolkit to serve as a clearinghouse of information designed to facilitate the implementation of High-Fidelity Wraparound.
Dedicated community members with lived experience, peer partners, youth partners and human services professionals all contributed significantly to this document and the documents that are contained within.
Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) Implementation in California
- Who is the Audience?
- Each County Wraparound Program or County Wraparound Provider submits their High-Fidelity Wraparound Plans to California Department of Social Services (CDSS) using the guidelines provided in the Toolkit 2022 to meet California Standards. The Toolkit is loaded with research-based information and tools to create effective High Fidelity Wraparound plans.
- How to Use This Toolkit
- This toolkit contains valuable information for all, including counties and providers who are in the initial stages of implementing High-Fidelity Wraparound and those who have been long-time implementers and are wanting to keep up to date with new resources and updated policies.
The Toolkit Table of Contents is your starting point for information, guidance and resources. As an online toolkit, each content section will be updated as new information and resources become available.≈This toolkit is divided into six main sections. The first five are introductory covering why a toolbox, how did the toolbox develop, who is the audience, how to use it and how to improve it. The last section is a table of contents that lists a number of valuable sections on resources and guidelines.