UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education are always looking for dedicated, knowledgeable instructors with a passion for helping other working professionals excel in their careers. Instructors for our Human Services Programs include professionals and consultants from a variety of disciplines, agencies, colleges and universities.
We hire instructors from a wide range of Human Services fields, including Adult Services, Behavioral Health Services, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, Welfare to Work, Employment Services, Child Welfare, Probation, Tribal Social Services, Organizational Leadership, Child Development, Child Care and Early Education.
Instructors are chosen based upon:
- Academic training
- Prior professional and teaching experience
- Interviews and demonstrated teaching ability
- Bibliographic materials
Some programs may have additional requirements. If you have unique expertise in your field and are interested in teaching for UC Davis Human Services Programs, we'd love to hear from you.
To get started, please fill out the Instructor Interest Form.
If you have questions about the application process, please call (530) 757-8972.
UC Davis's Human Services Programs are currently seeking instructors with expertise in the following subject areas:
- Child and Family Teaming
- Child Welfare Coaches
- County Fiscal Policies and Claiming
- Early Childhood Development and Trauma
- Educational Advocacy
- Foster Care Eligibility
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Psychotropic Medications
- Safety Organized Practice
- Secondary Trauma
- CMIPS II (Case Management Information and Payrolling System)
- Leadership, Management and Supervision
As a UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education instructor, you are associated with and are a representative of one of the best public university systems in the world—the University of California. We believe it is a mutually beneficial relationship—we also benefit from your expertise and good standing in the community.
In addition to financial compensation, UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education instructors receive:
- Access to books and periodicals within the UC Davis library system
- A UC Davis computing account
- Discounted membership to the UC Davis Activities and Recreation Center
- Travel and lodging discounts through UC Davis' partner, Connexxus
- Discounts at UC Davis stores and computer shop
- Entertainment discounts from university partners