This training will address multiple areas of trauma as they relate to child welfare. Participants will receive an overview of attachment and information on resulting effects of trauma on children and youth, as well as examine behavioral and structural interventions to help families and providers move in a positive direction.
After this training participants will be able to:
- Identify behaviors associated with trauma and issues of attachment difficulties
- Explain the impact of trauma on attachment and child development
- Define and provide examples of evidence-based practice
- Demonstrate use of effective intervention strategies with children, youth and families
- Employ strategies to encourage attachment and decrease reactivity
- Understand the importance of attunement parenting and how to communicate this with families
Participants will explore and engage in experiential activities that will enhance their abilities to effectively address issues associated with trauma.