This workshop covers the rules and regulations of the CalWORKs Cal-Learn program and why this important program was created for our teen parents.
- A review of the five points of eligibility for CalWORKs
- The age restriction of the Cal-Learn program
- Who can volunteer for the program
- School participation is mandatory
- Granting exemptions and good cause
- Determining bonuses, sanctions and supportive services
- Proper informing notices and notices of action
- Coordinating services with Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP)
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to determine who is eligible for the program, how and when bonuses are earned, and when to apply sanctions through practice exercises.