This course reviews the best legal practices and CWS/CMS approaches to preparing petitions and detention reports. It guides participants in how to integrate legal strategies with effective use of the CWS/CMS system.
After attending this training, successful participants will understand:
- Pre-petition investigation
- How to review child protective services histories
- Petition generation and writing
- CWS/CMS and court functions
- The purpose and nature of the detention report
Participants will strengthen their ability to use CWS/CMS to develop solid and defendable petitions for court.