This workshop examines the criteria to establish eligibility for legal non-citizens to either federal CalFresh (SNAP) or state funded California Food Assistance Program (CFAP). As a result of this workshop participants will be able to correctly determine eligibility for a variety of non-citizen household compositions.
- Defining and reviewing terminology in regards to income and non-citizen eligibility
- Examining acceptable documentation and verification requirements
- Determining eligibility based on work quarters for Sponsored Non-Citizens
- Verifying information through the Social Security Administration and Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE).
- Reviewing eligibility criteria for the California Food Assistance Program (CFAP)