As part of the CFSR OSRI process reviewers must interview key participants for each case, which includes biological parents, social workers, foster parents and youth. This training is designed to provide information and opportunities (practice) to build skills in the facilitation of these interviews. Key topics include interviewing strategies and trauma-informed practice. This training will be experiential with opportunity for participants to practice interviewing skills using dilemmas that have occurred during interviews in California.
As a result of this training, participants will:
- Understand the purpose of the key participant interviews
- Understand the basics of trauma-informed practice
- Demonstrate how to respond to trauma when expressed by a key participant
- Demonstrate how to ask neutral and open ended questions
- Demonstrate interview engagement techniques
This training will offer all participants, regardless of experience, an opportunity to spend time dissecting the very real dilemmas they may face as OSRI case review interviewers.