This workshop explores different types of Overpayments that occur in the CalWORKs Program and informs the participant of the correct computation and collection of claims established through this process. As a result of this workshop participants understand key concepts associated with the computation and collection of overpayments.
- Gaining knowledge of types of Overpayments (OP’s) in CalWORKs.
- Defining and reviewing terminology in regards to Overpayments (OP’s)
- Calculating and establishing OP’s accurately and in accordance with current state and federal regulation
- Reviewing collection methods available for repayment of CalWORKs Overpayment claims
- Explore methods, calculation, and recovery in cases with sponsored Non-Citizens