This training provides child welfare workers, supervisors, managers and CACI hearing coordinators with the foundational legal history, principles and issues related to the Gomez v. Saenz settlement. In addition, the training explores how the Gomez v. Saenz settlement relates to child welfare investigations and dispositions.
After attending this training, successful participants will be able to:
- Provide background information and history on the Gomez v. Saenz settlement
- Cite Division 31 regulations
- Identify investigations, referral and disposition thresholds
- Understand statutory definitions of abuse/neglect for the Child Abuse Central Index (CACI)
- Fulfill noticing requirements for CACI hearings and procedural/hearing timeframes
Further, the course will explore professional conduct during the hearing, as well as ways to prepare for the hearing process.