This course focuses on writing detention, jurisdiction and disposition reports.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand proper writing techniques
- Understand elements of writing for a legal audience vs. other styles of writing
- Balance the child welfare worker’s voice with agency mandates
- Understand how information provided or not provided causes continuances and contested hearings
- Incorporate harm and danger statements/risk and safety analysis
Participants will learn to write effective court reports, taking into consideration temporary custody, custody warrant procedures, and facts versus evidence in report writing.