Safety and Crisis Planning Skills Lab
The Safety and Crisis Planning Skills Lab is intended to be a follow-up course to the Foundational Wraparound training to take a deeper dive into developing safety plans with children, youths, and families. This course is designed as a skills lab with minimal traditional instruction, where participants will take an active role in practicing the safety planning process while developing a Wraparound Safety Plan.
This course is appropriate for all members of the Wraparound team including facilitators (care-coordinates), peer partners, family specialists, supervisors, and others and will focus on skill development in the following areas:
- Describe the cycle of crisis and describe how it can be used with families to support the safety planning process
- Develop a Safety Plan that includes the expressed safety concern(s), triggers, proactive strategies, and reactive strategies
- Integrate strengths and needs (including language from the CANS) into the Safety Plan to build plans that are more individualized and closely aligned with families’ needs, culture and vision
- Integrate natural and community supports into the Safety Plan to increase effectiveness and sustainability
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a Safety Plan and make recommendations to improve its utility for children, youths, and families in crisis
This course is a Skills Lab that requires active participation in a hands-on learning environment. To participate, learners must:
- Be present for the entire duration of the course (leaving early/coming late is disruptive to the designed learning environment)
- Be willing and able to to be on camera and engage in collaborative learning with peers
- Have previous Wraparound experience or have attended the Foundation Wraparound course
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Approval of this course for continuing education credit is still pending at this time. If approved, the course may meet the qualifications for 5.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Provider number 050148. Certificates of completion will be sent to participants within 4 weeks after the course after attendance and number of credits to be received are verified.
The format of this virtual training will be on Zoom. You will receive login information via email once your enrollment has been received.