Partnering with Education in Wraparound
Wraparound teams support their youth and families in all environments and systems involved in a youth's life. Sometimes we forget to include the school team, especially if the youth is doing well there. Wraparound can help families access supports at school regardless of their performance level; bringing in the youth's school team can help support a family in many ways:
- Share what works
- Content experts
- Identify the youth for a 504 or Special Education services
- Make school away of youth's struggles and needs
- Collaboration and planning for safety, outcomes, and future
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the value of collaborating with schools as a support to achieving Wraparound outcomes
- Have a basic understanding of 504 plans: what they are, how to request and plan limitations
- Have a basic understanding of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs): what they are, how to request and plan limitations
- Have a basic understanding of the education system's continuum of care
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. Approval of this course for continuing education credit is still pending at this time. If approved, the course may meet the qualifications for 5.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. Provider number 050148. Certificates of completion will be sent to participants within 4 weeks after the course after attendance and number of credits to be received are verified.
The format of this virtual training will be on Zoom. You will receive login information via email once your enrollment has been received.