Letters, memos, and reports require writing that is clear, concise, complete and objective. This workshop gives participants a solid understanding of how to write effectively to fulfill reader needs. Participants will practice sharpening their written communication skills with hands-on, interactive, exercises designed to improve their professional writing. This workshop helps participants understand and incorporate the qualities and components of effective professional writing.
- Identifying the qualities and importance of excellent professional writing
- Describing the impact of writing quality on document effectiveness
- Recognizing the influence of audience needs of writing style
- Structuring documents for reading ease
- Describing, identifying, and producing objective, clear, and complete writing communication
- Editing and examining for common redundancies and unclear writing to effectively generate summaries and reports on events
- Using writing matrices to improve objectivity, flow, and completeness of documents and emails