This training will address engaging families in behavioral case planning by blending a variety of strategies throughout the flow of practice. Participants will explore the development of case plans that are customized, behavior-focused and family-centered. Course content will examine how this requires a team-based planning methodology that is focused on behavioral changes. The training will also emphasize writing behaviorally based SMART objectives.
- Explaining the objectives and purpose of case plans.
- Identifying case plan objectives that are specific,measurable, and achievable.
- Reviewing case plan progress notes that demonstrate evidence of a family’s progress.
- Recognizing areas needing improvement on poorly written case plan objectives or progress notes.
- Modifying poorly written case plan examples to suggest changes for objectives and progress notes.