In this training trauma will be illustrated and addressed from the perspective of the neuro-physiological impact on adult social development, emotions and behavior. Participants will learn about the problems and the risks of normalizing behavior in traumatized clients. Training includes video discussion of “Boys to Men; Male Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse” Participants will become familiar with the signs and symptoms of internal and external triggers experienced by our clients with specific interventions geared to creating inner calm and regulation in the stressed out adult.
We will define trauma, identify triggers, signs and symptoms, and recognize trauma driven behaviors.
The goals of the training are to help retrain to options for thought patterns that will increase internal states of self -regulation and calm, and decrease overwhelming negative stress impacts and reactions concurrently for our clients and ourselves.
This highly interactive training will include a power point presentation, video clip, discussion and actual case(s) collective thank tank where we will examine ways to engage and help stabilize clients who are suffering, and in crisis .
- Participants will have an active understanding of some causes and manifestations of traumatic and its role in the adult client’s social development, emotions, and behaviors
- Utilizing MOC Theory, participants will be able to draw on key reflective insights and develop some more effective strategies for working with traumatized adults
- Participants will Learn to effectively respond to fear and stress driven behaviors with deescalating verbal and non-verbal communications
- Participants will examine a number of strategies and practices for the work place.
- Participants will analyze a video of adult male survivors of childhood sex abuse