This workshop is designed for anyone who works with, supervises, or trains people whose primary language is not English. Participants will discover some hidden causes of cross-cultural misunderstanding and practice strategies for repairing communication breakdowns.
- Reviewing the changing demographics of the workforce and clients served in the county
- Identifying early learning of personal bias and the impact on current interactions with others
- Recognizing culturally related issues, conflicts that lead to miscommunication and discover some hidden causes of cross-cultural misunderstanding.
- Cultivating broader listening and communication skills by learning the seven levels of listening.
- Discovering alternative ways to engage individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Employing strategies for repairing communication breakdowns.