Adolescents who engage in inappropriate sexual behavior raise high levels of concern. Assessments must be used to determine if the behavior is a result of adolescent developmental behavior or along the spectrum of sex offense, requiring specialized treatment and placement.
- Sex offenders in the context of adolescent development
- Current risk assessments in use
- Identifying behavioral interventions for placement decisions
- The purpose, scope and components of comprehensive evaluations
- Identifying treatment options for effective case management and safety in response to criminogenic and developmental needs
As a result of this workshop, participants will be better prepared to secure accurate assessments, create individualized case plans for the placement, and supervision and treatment of adolescent sex offenders.