Through this course, participants will understand the difficulties encountered when an individual or family within the community is experiencing homelessness. Closely linked to poverty, homelessness creates real vulnerabilities and unique needs for those impacted. Participants will examine contributing factors to homelessness and will enhance their understanding of how to provide effective services that recognize the human element of homelessness.
- Understanding the dynamics of homelessness
- Recognizing potential barriers and challenges created by homelessness
- Examining myths & stereotypes to increase self-awareness
- Exploring contributing factors & challenges;individual factors & mental models
- Promoting informed service and support for those without a home