This highly interactive class focuses on helping youth in care have healthy relationships with significant others in their lives.
Participants will learn:
- The dramatic changes in the past 20 years in partner identification, dating and relationship building
- About youth use of social media in romantic relationships
- How to recognize warning signs of troubled relationships including bullying, violence, and inequality
- How to facilitate and promote positive romantic relationships
- How to support romantic relationships that don’t meet historical stereotypes and norms, including LGBTQ relationships
- How to ask about the youth’s relationships with intimates
Child welfare leaders and caseworkers of all levels of experience working with adolescents are welcome to attend and should benefit from the class.