As human services professionals, it is imperative that we implement care and services that follow the tenets and principles of Trauma-Informed Care (TIC).
This workshop will explore the topic of emotional and psychological trauma. Participants will discover how to provide caring, compassionate, and empathetic services that are trauma-informed. Trauma affects people of every race, age, ethnicity, and socioeconomic level. Becoming trauma-informed means using knowledge of trauma and recovery to design and deliver services.
- Defining trauma and being trauma informed.
- Understanding the impact of trauma from childhood and the affects it has on behaviors as adults.
- Comparing the Trauma Informed Approach Vs the Traditional Approach.
- Reviewing the 6 Core Principles of Trauma Informed Care.
- Identifying the signs of Compassion Fatigue and the first steps towards healing.
- Employing tips and techniques to best respond and serve those who have experienced trauma.
- Recognizing stressors in our roles as Helping Professionals and in our personal lives to promote self-care.
- Connecting how increased understanding of trauma and improving service delivery helps coworkers, the organization, and community.