This highly interactive class focuses on helping youth in care have healthy relationships with the significant people in their lives.
Participants will learn:
- Respectful approaches to youth who use slang or inappropriate communications
- About youth use of social media and online gaming as a means for relationship building
- How to recognize warning signs of a troubled parent-teen relationship and some basic steps to address these
- How to facilitate and promote positive relationships between youth and their siblings whenever possible
- How to help youth connect with available neighborhood and community groups that help youth build relationships with their social environment
- How to ask about the youth’s relationships with friends and peers and how to address any difficulties
- How to effectively and positively ask youth about their dating relationships
Child welfare leaders and caseworkers of all levels of experience working with adolescents are welcome to attend and should benefit from the class.