This workshop provides a review of the income reporting requirements and the resulting effect on financial eligibility and budget calculations across all programs. Additionally, it will explore the various sources of income received by CalFresh, CalWORKs, and Medi-Cal applicants and recipients. Participants will have hands on practice determining countable income and exemptions for use in income tests and benefit calculations. As a result of this workshop participants will have an increased knowledge of how to treat income and be able to provide more accurate eligibility determinations.
- Reviewing definitions for types of income, including: Earned income, Self-employment income, Unearned income, and In-Kind income
- Analyzing availability of Income
- Differentiating between Income and Property
- Processing unique types of income, including: In-kind income, Exempt income, and Lump sum income
- Identifying Income and Deductions for proper eligibility determinations