Prerequisite: Participants must complete The Impact of Parental Incarceration on Children in the Child Welfare System.
This training prepares qualified trainers who attended The Impact of Parental Incarceration on Children in the Child Welfare System to deliver the training to child welfare professionals.
This training for trainers (T4T) will include:
- Discussion of the use of the materials
- Requirements and obligations as trainers
- A review of theories that inform the training
- Discussion of activities and strategies used in the training
- Discussion of choices and challenges trainers will encounter, including adult learning theory, group process and use of self - disclosure as a trainer
- An opportunity to practice content delivery
- Discussion of issues and concerns moving forward, with “Parking Lot” for a follow up conference call
Please note that trainers must use the standard curriculum and all of the materials included within only as directed within the T4T. Trainers will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their commitment to do so.