Tools for Excellence is a comprehensive professional development program designed to provide support, skill building and networking opportunities for directors, deputy directors and managers in child welfare. This program builds on a research, development and implementation model that supports leadership development in child welfare. Central to the program are the best-practice approaches that have proven to support directors and managers.
- Must presently be a director or manager
- Must have support and involvement of director or administrator
- Ability to commit to all sessions of program
- Cultural Consensus Approach: Learning in which the participants themselves determine the competencies that will benefit them most in their professional development.
- Learning Labs: Training takes place in one- or two-day “learning lab” sessions offered every six weeks throughout the year.
- Learning Reinforcement through Coaching: Coaches will be assigned to each director/manager and serve as a coach to help participants apply what they’ve learned in each of the learning labs.
- 360-degree Evaluation: Participants will perform a computerized evaluation to assess current strengths and continuing areas for professional development.