Tools for Excellence is a comprehensive professional development program designed to provide support, skill building and networking opportunities for child welfare leaders. This program is grounded in the leadership behaviors of the Integrated Core Practice Model (ICPM) and incorporates the latest leadership research from and tools to support child welfare leaders. Central to the program are the best-practice approaches that have been empirically proven to support child welfare leaders, including: research from Lencioni, Brene Brown, Barry Z. Posner, James M. Kouzes (Leadership Challenge), Adaptive Leadership, and Appreciative Inquiry.
Who Should Attend:
• Tools for Leadership Excellence: Tailored for directors, deputy directors and managers in child welfare.
Tools for Excellence Program Format:
• Learning Labs: These take place in two-day sessions offered approximately every 4-6 weeks throughout the year.
• Cultural Consensus Approach: Participants determine the competencies that will benefit their own professional development.
• Learning Reinforcement through Coaching: Each participant will be assigned a coach to help them apply what they’ve learned in each of the learning labs.
• 360-degree Evaluation: Participants will perform a computerized evaluation to assess current strengths and continuing areas for professional development.
• Must have support and involvement of director or administrator.
• Ability to commit to all sessions of program.
January 29-30, 2020
February 26-27, 2020
March 18-19, 2020
April 22-23, 2020
June 2-3 2020
All Sessions: 9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.