This highly interactive workshop is designed to address the self-care needs of those serving children, youth and adults facing and impacted by traumatic life events. Participants are encouraged to verbalize their understanding and connectedness to the multiple aspects of compassion fatigue. By taking a self-inventory, participants will see first-hand, the levels of stress they experience. The group will look at several tools and techniques to circumvent the most challenging aspects of compassion fatigue and to be able to regain a state of neuro-physiological (mind-body) regulation, recovery and resilience. Course content integrates physical techniques and strategies to Release/ Rebound/Recharge on and off the work site without interrupting productivity. In fact, it increases effective performance. Management, Line and support staff are encouraged and prompted to understand their vulnerabilities, recognize early, their own and their colleagues warning signs of secondary and vicarious Trauma and mitigate the effects.
- Understanding staff’s vulnerability to traumatic stress.
- Taking steps towards resilience in the face of overwhelming and emotionally intense demands.
- Recognizing the role of stress in relation to anger, emotions and behavior.
- Identifying new ways to support staff and co-workers and increase morale.
- Obtaining neuro-physiological regulation and strategies for accelerated recovery and self-regulation.
- Reviewing multiple causes and triggers of Compassion Fatigue and burnout.
- Distinguishing early warning signs of stress overload in yourself and others in your circle of colleagues, friends and acquaintances.
- Creating a work environment to promote support, increase morale and effectiveness.
- Examining factors that cause Secondary Trauma, Vicarious Trauma, PTSD and Burnout.