Supervisors are invited to participate in this two-day training to increase knowledge and skills in supervisory practices related to After 18/Fostering Connections. This workshop will examine best practices for assuring positive outcomes for foster youth transitioning to adulthood.
The supervisor training covers the core principles of transition planning, as well as skills for supervising caseworkers in the work of transition planning.
- Understanding the needs of transitioning youth
- Engaging youth in a positive youth-development approach
- Using culturally competent practice with older youth
- Identifying permanent connections to support the transition to adulthood
- Supervising the transition process
- Identifying community collaboration and education
- Developing worker competency for working with transitioning youth