In this module, juvenile probation officers will develop knowledge and skills to work with youth in placement, care providers and family members.
Officers will also learn to:
- Determine appropriate placements based on the youth’s needs and understand responsibility for the youth in placement
- Understand the legal hearings and findings of six-month reviews
- Write court reports that support the recommendations and findings
- Know the specific contact requirements for youth, family and care providers under Division 31
- Conduct quality reassessments with youth, family, and care providers
- Develop updated case plans with youth and families
- Engage youth and family in services through strength-based practice and interviewing skills
- Develop transitional independent living plans with youth and care providers
As a result of this module, officers will be able to provide supervision and support to youth, care providers and families with a dual focus on reunification and permanency.