Working from home or from a remote office can seem like a wonderful opportunity—reduced commute time and some quiet to get things done. However, working remotely also comes with a great deal of responsibility and has some unique challenges, particularly around communication with management and team members. This course is designed to help remote staff stay motivated in their personal offices, and to help them identify ways to stay connected and engaged with their supervisors and their work teams.
- Understanding the skills needed to work outside the normal workplace office
- Learning the keys to self-management
- Learning ways to manage time effectively despite distractions of the remote office
- Understanding the importance of and methods for organizing and planning for working remotely
- Understanding best practices of using various types of communication
- Addressing challenges and providing solutions to the pitfalls of working remotely