This workshop discusses the behavioral symptoms presented by drug-abusing parents and implications for casework with families.
- Aspects of addiction
- Codependent families
- Roles assumed by family members
- Specific needs of children and strategies for addressing unmet needs
- Referrals for the user and family members
- Treatment and recovery issues
- Strategies to assist children in foster care
Participants gain an understanding of the struggle substance-abusing families face in trying to bring balance, stability and survival to their families—and learn ways to help families remain together or reunite.