In this workshop, participants will gain knowledge of the principles of working from a strengths perspective with vulnerable children and families. The process of engaging families in setting and achieving their own goals for change involves a set of interactive skills and the willingness to focus the assessment process on both ends of the protective and safety/risk continuum.
- Overview of principles of strengths-based work with families
- How to help families develop their vision for the future and their own road map for change
- Recognizing and making use of the family’s signs of safety
- Stages of change and harnessing motivation
- Purposeful questions and the active listening sequence
Participants will improve their knowledge about facilitating a family-focused approach to change.