This training provides child welfare professionals with an introduction to Strengthening Families, a research-informed approach to increase family strengths, enhance child development and reduce the likelihood of child abuse and neglect. It is based on engaging families, programs and communities and offers a framework for changes at the systems, policy and practice level locally, statewide and nationally.
After attending this training, successful participants will be able to:
- Describe the Strengthening Families approach to working with families
- Build capacity to work with, support and strengthen children and families
- Embark on a changed relationship with parents
- Consider how culture influences parenting
- Implement small but significant changes in everyday practice that build the parent’s protective factors