This class concentrates on the skills needed to assist families with change. Particular attention is focused on low-income, single-parent, long-term foster and adoptive families.
Some of the topics covered will be:
- Assessing family dynamics
- Communication patterns
- Assessing dysfunctional behavior
- Assessing family strengths
- Skills for focusing and controlling interviews
- Building family skills and resources
- Motivating families to change
Participants will be able to better assess family strengths and needs and motivate families to change.