Youth in juvenile justice need permanent lifelong connections, whether with their immediate or extended family or other non-related, supportive and nurturing adult. Participants will build a permanency team and take the steps to achieve permanence for youth in out of home placements. Resources for youth transitioning to adulthood will also be addressed.
- Know the six key components of achieving permanence
- Develop and implement a concurrent plan
- Talk to youth about permanence
- Understand the adoption process
- Conduct relative evaluation and approval
- Discriminate among permanency options
- Identify community resources to assist transitioning youth
After the training, participants will have increased skills in meeting the permanency of the youth for whom they are responsible.