This course covers basic information related to writing and serving search warrants in welfare fraud investigations. The course covers, appropriate penal codes, a review of the 4th Amendment, core elements of a search warrant, and the search warrant process.
- Recognize when a search warrant is needed
- Review related laws that govern search warrants
- Examine and review the required elements of a search warrant
- Discuss and review the search warrant process
- Provide tools and resources welfare fraud investigators can use to write effective search warrants