With the reversal of the SSI Cash Out Policy taking effect in June of 2019, thousands of seniors and SSI recipients will, for the first time, be eligible to receive CalFresh benefits. Many of these new recipients will have disabilities that may pose a challenge to effectively providing them services. This course presents concepts and provides strategies to enhance the level of customer service provided to recipients with disabilities and maximize the positive impact on both recipients and the community-at-large.
- Defining your impact on your organization and community
- Recognizing the significance of communication on service provision
- Uncovering personal values and how they contribute to our level of service
- Discovering challenges unique to aging and disabled customers
- Developing strategies to effectively address many of the challenges this population faces