This webinar will provide a high-level overview of understanding social isolation in our communities, with a focus on the adult and aging population. This training session will address misconceptions about loneliness and aging, as well as barriers to providing supportive services and connections for many individuals, particularly aging adults. As many people in communities across our nation are practicing social distancing, the need to serve our most vulnerable populations is even greater. While this topic has always been one of importance, dynamics associated with this topic are now increasingly relevant across the helping profession and for those tasked with service delivery. We can do this together through better understanding of social isolation.
- Social isolation and loneliness: Reviewing challenges and myths
- Recognizing the physical and mental health risks associated with social isolation
- Understanding an aging nation: What do the numbers show?
- Reviewing the costs of social isolation and loneliness to community
- Taking the first steps: What can we do right now?