This workshop enables social workers to effectively prepare for and testify at court hearings. Participants will gain insight into the questioning and cross-examination process. They will learn skills that will make them more confident and proficient in preparing and presenting cases in court. Participants will get hands-on practice developing their own direct and cross-examination questions and serve as judge, lawyers, and expert witnesses in mock trials. They will learn how to improve the credibility of witnesses through the stated objectives.
- Understanding elements of child welfare cases
- Exploring direct questioning and cross-examination
- Learning the do’s and don’ts of testimony
- Connecting court report writing to your testimony
- Preparing for child welfare court proceedings
- Practicing testimony through mock trial