This final module of the Advancing Permanency through Adoption series examines adoption subsidy laws, policies and eligibility in order to enhance participants' understanding of a culminating task of adoption work and the importance of this financial support.
After attending this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history and development of adoption subsidy
- Identify federal and state laws, policies and eligibility requirements for the Title IV-E Adoption Assistance Program.
- Examine Continuum of Care Reform (CCR) as it relates to the role of assessment and collaboration in Child and Family Team (CFT) meetings using CANS as a tool to recognize needs and build strengths as families transition to exit through adoption
- Engage (through practice) in negotiating and discussing Title IV-E Adoption assistance with prospective adoptive families
- Value and respect the strengths of adoptive families in order to empower them