This workshop examines the concept of motivation and its application in work with abusive and neglectful parents. Participants examine the dynamics of change and learn how change can empower by improving self-image, self-esteem and motivation.
- Social worker attitude and motivation
- Components of empowerment
- Techniques for empowering the victim and engaging the family
- How to overcome resistance and support change
- How traumatic experiences affect motivation
- The three stages of therapy: testing, working through and separation
Participants gain new insights into the process of change and learn ways to help clients deal with control issues, improve their self-esteem, and feel empowered to make changes in their lives.