This training demonstrates the process of accurately applying regulations that affect a minor’s eligibility for IHSS. This training describes household composition and availability of parents, requirements for non-parent and parent providers, and allowable services for minors. This training also identifies how Age-Appropriate Guidelines are used as a tool to delineate between normal parental responsibilities and needs which exceed those responsibilities.
- Demonstrating knowledge of regulations that affect a minor’s eligibility for IHSS.
- Identifying how Age Appropriate Guidelines are used as a guideline to delineate between normal parental responsibilities and needs that exceed those responsibilities.
- Defining extraordinary need and the effects of the authorization of services for minors.
- Reviewing the minor child clarifications set forth in All-County Letter 19-02.
- Understanding the County Business Processes for minor children in IHSS.