Great management practices can bridge physical space with a little creativity, thought and intention. Managing staff who telecommute or work remotely requires supervisors to adapt their management skills to accommodate for having less face time with their staff, and for potential added complications that can arise when their teams also experience less face time with one another.
This half-day training has been designed to provide general information for managers and supervisors which will promote finding creative ways to effectively manage individuals and teams without the benefit of physical proximity. Practical tips and tools will be discussed to support keeping remote staff and the overall team feeling whole, and supporting team alignment even when staff are not in the same location.
- Examine the Pros and Cons of remote staff
- Learn the importance of connection with remote staff
- Examine methods to keep Teams aligned
- Examine methods for keeping Teams accountable
- Evaluate how to adapt communications with remote staff