Great management practices can bridge physical space with a little creativity, thought and intention. Managing staff who telecommute or work remotely requires supervisors to adapt their management skills to accommodate for having less face time with their staff, and for potential added complications that can arise when their teams also experience less face time with one another. This training has been designed to help managers and supervisors find creative ways to effectively manage individuals and teams without the benefit of physical proximity. Practical tips and tools will be discussed to support keeping remote staff and the overall team feeling whole, and supporting team alignment even when staff are not in the same location.
- Examine the Pros and Cons of managing remote staff
- Learn the importance of connection with remote staff
- Examine methods to keeping Teams aligned
- Examine methods for keeping Teams accountable
- Evaluate how to adapt communications with remote staff