This workshop examines professional interactions, ethics and the boundaries of the Helping Professional’s role. Participants will be able to clearly establish limits that allow for safe connections with their clients. Strategies for maintaining a professional attitude under challenging circumstances will also be reviewed.
- Exploring ways to manage personal biases and effective responses.
- Recognizing the importance of professional distance and the need to stay neutral.
- Applying professional objectivity regarding lifestyle and value differences.
- Discovering strategies to control the impulses and reactions and keeping your composure.
- Understanding and employing rational detachment.
- Reviewing when and how to utilize ethics in decision making.