Job development at its best strengthens an agency's role as a resource to employers as well as participants. This workshop provides an overview of traditional and non-traditional methods to support job development. Trainees will learn skills for managing a job development caseload. Insight provided will guide participants to support their county’s Job Developer, as this is a team effort! Strategies and techniques will be explored to transfer job development skills to participants and develop long-term, productive relationships with local employers.
- Communicating and networking with employers.
- Preparing a Job Seeker for the appropriate position.
- Employing Employee Retention strategies.
- Assessing participant skills to employer needs for constructing a successful match.
- Building participant interviewing skills to include set-up, follow-up and feedback.