This course provides an introduction of the elements of fraud, techniques for fraud detection, and includes an emphasis on fraud prevention. Participants can also expect to develop awareness of the interview process, and will enhance their understanding of proper referrals, documentation and records retention. As a result of this course, participants increase their ability to detect fraud and help clients avoid fraud.
- Defining the elements of Fraud in Public Assistance Programs
- Understanding the role of Eligibility Workers & Supervisors defined by State Regulations
- Exploring how Customer Service plays a role in the Detection and Prevention of Fraud
- Recognizing the anatomy of a Welfare Fraud Case and reviewing customer responsibilities for preventative measures
- Identify the Importance of Proper Documentation, Referrals, & Records Retention
- Understanding the investigative team and discussing the vital parts to each role