Interviewing and Engagement contains Safety Organized Practice, Structured Decision Making, Solution Focused and assessment protocol strategies that provide the recipient with tools to investigate, engage and maintain children in a safe environment. The goal for this training will be to expand the participants’ knowledge of interview protocols, and build competence in the use of engagement strategies.
- Understanding interview protocols as it relates to Child Welfare practice
- Practicing and applying the principles of engagement strategies
- Reviewing interview protocols for Child Welfare purposes
- Building confidence and competency with engagement practice
- Understanding how bias and misconceptions may skew the interview