Emotional Intelligence is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability one has to recognize his or her behaviors, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to the situation. This workshop will give you the tools you need to be emotionally intelligent in your workplace. An employee with high emotional intelligence can manage his or her own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems, and use humor to build rapport in tense situations. These employees also have empathy, remain optimistic, even in the face of adversity, and are gifted at educating and persuading in interpersonal effectiveness and conflict resolution.
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Discover the Foundational 4 Quadrants of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to understand, use and manage your emotions.
- Understand the most effective way to build rapport through listening skills.
- Discuss the benefits of emotional intelligence and why it an important success factor.
- Demonstrate and practice the essentials to identifying emotions in others and ourselves.
- Create an ongoing plan for immediate application and continued transfer of learning.