This course provides an overview of the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) and the dependency court process.
Topics include the following:
- Historical context and purpose of the ICWA
- Specific protections included in the ICWA
- Resources available for implementation
- Minimum federal standards of compliance
- Custody proceedings involving Indian children
By the end of the course, participants will learn how to work more effectively with the courts in ICWA cases.
Participants have two weeks to complete this five-hour online course.
This course meets the Phase II Core Training requirement.