Knock, Knock. Who’s there? A more productive and efficient workplace, that’s who! In today’s day and age, humor is underutilized tool to improve workplace performance, spark efficiency, and improve morale. Research shows that using humor as a social investment in the workplace increases positive hormones in the brain which give employees a competitive edge and has an undoing effect on the damage caused by stress and burnout. This workshop will discuss ways of incorporating humor into the workplace in a safe and inoffensive way so that all employees can reap the infinite benefits of being happy and funny.
At the end of this workshop, participants will understand how humor can enhance effectiveness and build relationships in the workplace to improve outcomes and avoid employee burnout.
- Examine evidence-based research on how humor in the workplace increases productivity
- Contrast different types of humor
- Discover ways to inject humor in everyday situations
- Differentiate appropriate humor from offensive or discriminatory humor
- Create ways to make humor fun for everyone in the workplace, not just the funny people